Learn how to set up your Airstream Smart Control app in our step-by-step user guide so you can get started on your next big adventure.
Smart Control Technology is currently available for the Airstream Classic and Airstream Pottery Barn Special Edition.
Connecting Devices to Your Network
- Download the Airstream Smart RV Control app from the Apple App Store or Google® Play Store.
- Create a user account. Only one account can be paired to your Airstream at a time, however, you may use multiple devices with the same account.
- Confirm the Wi-Fi key switch is turned “on” next to the router in the front overhead cabinet. (See item 8 for more details.)
- Follow the pairing process in the app to connect to your Airstream. The sticker containing the QR code is located in the front overhead cabinet. Do not remove this label as you will need it to re-pair the trailer if necessary. You are now ready to begin your Airstream Adventure.
Your Airstream comes with a 1-year free trial of the Smart Control service. At the end of your free trial period, a subscription is required for continued access.
You must sign up as a new customer to activate your data plan even if you are an existing AT&T customer.
With the app you can control your Airstream’s lighting and climate, as well as activate various modes wherever you are. Buttons with “T ” to the right offer more options by tapping the button for a secondary screen. From here, you can control things such as the brightness of the lights or the temperature in your Airstream.
Press the “Monitor” button to view battery levels, tank levels and notifications. When you are connected to your Airstream and resource levels become low, a notification will appear on the screen. Push notifications can also be enabled or disabled through the settings on your phone.
Power System Insights
Tap the “T ” button under Power Systems to show details of the solar and shore power. The estimated time remaining is based on current power consumption and will change as components are turned ON/OFF.
Out on an adventure and take a wrong turn? Open the app and tap “Locate.” The map shows where you are located and the location of your Airstream. Pressing the “Directions to my Airstream” button will open up your default GPS application.
Find checklists for departure, arrival, and more. Stay organized and make your adventure more relaxing and trouble free. Complete all steps on the checklist to know you’re all set!
Press the “More” button to find your network and connectivity settings, create guest networks, and gain quick access to your Owner’s Manual, Roadside Assistance phone number, and Airstream Customer Service contact information.
Connecting Devices to Your Network
1. Locate the name and password of the Wi-Fi network created by your Airstream by using the Airstream app. In the app, click “More” on the bottom right to see the name and password of your Airstream’s Wi-Fi network.
2. On the device you want to connect to your Airstream Wi-Fi, open the wireless network settings and enter the network name and password from your Airstream app.
Turning Off Wi-Fi
Whether you want to conserve battery power, or disconnect from the world, you can turn off the Wi-Fi with the key in the overhead cabinet. This will disconnect power from the router and disable all GPS, cellular, and Wi-Fi connectivity to the trailer. You can also use this key to reset the router by turning the key to off, and back on.
Learn more about Airstream Smart Control: https://www.airstream.com/smart-rv/
To access a downloadable document outlining pairing and educational content, view the article attachment.