How do I report a defect on my trailer/touring coach?

by Airstream, Inc.

If you believe your vehicle has a defect which could cause a crash or could cause injury or death, you should immediately inform the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in addition to notifying Airstream, Inc. If NHTSA receives similar complaints, it may open an investigation, and if it finds that a safety defect exists in a group of vehicles, it may order a recall and remedy campaign. However, NHTSA cannot become involved in individual problems between you, your dealer, or Airstream Inc. To contact NHTSA, you may either call the Vehicle Safety Hotline toll-free at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800424-9153), go to, or write to: Administrator NHTSA 1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E. Washington, DC 20590 You can also obtain other information about motor vehicle safety from 


Please sign in to leave a comment.